Just Ray Monday, March 28, 2011

With the Blockbuster season coming up fast Duckie and I decided that it is time to discuss our top ten upcoming movies... So, I looked at the schedule ahead and HOLY CRAP! We are in for a very busy season to say the least. In no particular order here are my top movies I'm looking forward to that are being released between now and August:


Ok, let's get some of the obvious ones out of the way:

Super 8
Fast Five
Transformers 3
Arthur
Bad Teacher
Pirates of the Caribbean 
X-Men: First Class
Green Lantern
Capian America: The First Avenger
Thor
Green Lantern
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part II
Conan the Barbarian

I wanted to mention those ones because they are pretty obvious as to why I would like to go see them. Now here are some that you may not have heard about:




Cave of Forgotten Dreams (limited release)

Although this is a limited release on April 29th, I encourage you to try and find a theatre that is showing it. This looks like an artistically beautiful film. It is a documentary about a cave in Southern France. This cave contains some of the oldest paintings that we know of. As I said, though this film is a documentary it also appears to be a work of art... Can't wait.



Priest (May 13th)


This movie is based on a graphic novel of the same name by Min-Woo Hyung. It is a future meets past type of movie with Vampires at the core of the story. I am looking forward to the adaptation and the look of this movie draws me in. Anyway, it looks great and it has Paul Bettany as a rouge priest... hence the name.





Legend of the Fist (April 22nd)


Donnie Yen reprises his role as Chen Zhen and continues his story seven years after the events in the 1995 TV series Fist of Fury. This movie looks really exciting and it has action sequences that goes beyond your imagination... ok mine.







Cowboys and Aliens (July 29th)


Alright, alright... I laughed at the title and panned this a while ago. Then I saw it was directed by Jon Favreau and produced by Steven Speilberg and Ron Howard, among others. That got me to watch the trailer... huh, I didn't think that a movie with cowboys and aliens would look as good as this does. I'm intrigued by what this story could have in it. 




Rise of the Apes (August 5th)


Ok, last but not least is Rise of the Apes. Though there is not trailer out yet I am excited about this movie because it is a pre-qual to the Planet of the Apes movies. It is a new movie not a remake. The story has James Franco as a scientist working with apes to find a cure for Alzheimer's. I have high hopes for this movie. OH YEAH and it has Andy Serkis playing the main Ape Caesar.


Well, that's it for now. I am sure that I will have to do this again soon as more movies get announced. 


Hey, let us know what movies you're looking forward to this year.


See Ya!


~ JustRay

1 comments:

Shaun said...

I plan on hitting a bunch of these with you! Also, there is a trailer for Rise of the Apes out now. Looks pretty cool but I've never been into movies with apes.

Post a Comment